JOB SUMMARY: You can work with some of the best products in the technology world and learn how you fit into it. As our intern you will assist in the development of detailed system specifications for major business or technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Apply systems and/or infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of automated information technology systems or infrastructure components.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A wide variety of responsibilities may exist within the various IT units. Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following duties:
- Performs all programming, development, integration and system administration assignments without close supervision.
- Provides project management, programming, systems and/or system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs, systems or in support if infrastructure component change management.
- Develops major system modules, programs or infrastructure releases based on requirements gathered from system customers.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Fully knowledgeable of current programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems.
- Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions.
- Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge of and ability to edit and install Joomla.
Knowledge of and ability to apply basic math computation skills as well as statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
Knowledge of procedures and operations of the functional business areas.
Knowledge of data processing philosophies and techniques.
Knowledge of and ability to apply complex programming languages and other advanced development tools used by FPD.
Ability to identify systems deficiencies and recommend and develop new software/programs to correct the deficiencies.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer operations systems.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer software and how to implement such software.
Ability to train and advise employees on the use of computers and software packages.
Demonstrated ability to resolve mechanical/technical problems with emphasis on troubleshooting.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to lead project development teams.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Applicants must be on track to a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum GPA of 2.8/4.0 is required. Incumbent should be knowledgeable of current technology in programming and web development languages, infrastructure requirements, computing hardware and software environments, or current development processes and tools.