Prepares visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts. Working with customers to bridge ideas to visual adaptations to promote their business or project.
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Some knowledge of movie editing
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Plans concept by studying information and materials to determine the message the design should portray
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts. Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Present the design to clients or the art director for approval.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Annual Salary .
- Target earnings is upwards of $55k plus performance incentives.
- Eligible for a iPad/tablet and company phone after 90 days.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement.
- Other Bonuses and Incentives
Graphic designers also need to keep up to date with the latest software and computer technologies to remain competitive.
Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Indesign or Photoshop and Illustrator
- Some knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Avid (A Major Plus)
- Layout Skills
- Creative Services
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Desktop Publishing Tools
- Acute Vision
- Handles Rejection
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Existing portfolio of past graphic work.
- Excellent writing skills
- Professional use of Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Ability to keep up to date with the developments in the internet graphics technology and utilizing them daily.
- Should be tech-savvy and well versed with computer graphics applications, ie., Gimp
- Ability to think creatively and design marketing campaigns and strategies
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma Minimum
- Preferred BA Degree in Graphic Design.
- 1-5 Years Experience.