Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client. Work with staff to create SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) for customers. Work with third party vendors
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language. Programs the computer by entering coded information.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes. Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions. Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Annual Salary.
- Target earnings is upwards of $63k plus seasonal incentives.
- Eligible for a tablet and company phone after 90 days. (Remote Staff Only)
- Excellent opportunities for advancement.
- Other Bonuses and Incentives
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- General Programming Skills, Analyzing Information , Problem Solving, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing
- Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate interrelationships between programs, whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Analyze client/server and micro-computer based software solutions compatibility with company requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members. Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
- May require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported and or customers changes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of company programming procedures and programming languages, iOS & Android a must. xCode, Java, HTML5 and others a plus.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Work with users requires interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- This is normally acquired through a combination of a Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of programming experience.
- If you have a specific skill of writing applications for iOS or Android based systems, please apply immediately!
- We have many customers that need apps only. A bachelor's degree is not needed for this position.